Jia Ying!!!
@ Saturday, February 13, 2010 , 11:29 AM
Hey all,
Her name is Jia Ying. Let's get it right. Unless I'm wrong, which means I've been calling her the wrong name and she did not correct me throughout the whole time I was teaching her Maths. Yes, I have been teaching her Maths. :O (gasps!) With my
VERY LIMITED knowledge of the Chinese Language, I might add. This is how it happened:
I ate lunch with Zhi Chun and Jia Ying, who was staying back. Zhi Chun had to go for her CCA. Zhi Chun asked me to take care of her. Zhi Chun left. I was left with Jia Ying. Jia Ying asked me for help in the Maths homework. I went "OH NO. OH NO." in my head. I didn't say no, for the simple fact that I just couldn't. So that was the beginning of my successful teaching career.
OK, maybe not. But I did manage to teach her what are factors, multiples, prime numbers, HCF and LCM. And I didn't even know what multiply is in Chinese. Isn't that amazing?:O:D From now on, I am going to communicate with Jia Ying by speaking as little as possible.
Anyway, there is something interesting I'd like to tell about Jia Ying. It turns out that her mother is a teacher in Shandong. The school she teaches in has done an exchange programme with MY primary school,
HAIG GIRLS' SCHOOL, which absolutely, without a doubt,
ROCKS! So actually, Jia Ying's mother has visited my school before. I found out when I saw Jia Ying and her mother talking with 2 Chinese teachers from my school, one of them my sister's current teacher no less. That was when it was all explained to me.
Now, isn't that interesting? Small world. (breaks out into song: ♪ "It's a Small World"♫) Ok, sorry about that. Anyway, time for business. Please bring the $10 on
THURSDAY. I'll be too busy celebrating on Wednesday.♥That's it for now! Sayonara!
Natania the nutty Psychic